If you feel like you could use the power of affirmations in your life, try creating your own using these tips.
* Choose a negative thought or belief you have about yourself and write down a positive sentence that counteracts that belief
*Start your affirmation with 'I' or 'My'. It will be most effective if you own it.
*Write your affirmations in the present tense, as though you're experiencing what you desire right now, rather than in the future.
* Don't begin with 'I want' or 'I need'. You don't want to affirm that you're lacking something. Instead write your affirmations as an expression of being grateful for already having and being what you desire.
* Make sure all your affirmations are positive statements. If you mention the negative behaviour or thoughts you wish to discard your focus will be on those.
* Add emotion to your affirmations by inserting 'I am (emotion) about ... or 'I feel (emotion) that ...'
* Create affirmations you can believe in. If you struggle to have faith in your statement, you will never be able to draw it into your life. If an affirmation is truly difficult to believe, write another that starts with 'I am open to..... or 'I am willing to believe I...'
* For the best results, repeat the affirmation 10 times twice a day, preferably whilst looking in a mirror.
Love & light Julie Anita x